Re: Cannot compile JobScheduler patch

On 06/10/06, Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 22:27 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> When I try to test the JobScheduler patch on a fresh CVS on a brand
> new test user, I get this:
>
> user ubuntu:~/development/f-spot/f-spot$ patch -p0 < thepatch.diff
> patching file .bzrignore
> patching file src/JobScheduler.cs
> patching file FlickrNet/Makefile.am
> patching file configure.in
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 16.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.in.rej
This is bad!
Changelog failure do not mean anything, all others usually do.

Er, figured that.

> patching file libgphoto2-sharp/Makefile.am
> patching file semweb/Makefile.am
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 1 with fuzz 1.
Fuzz means that the original code was changed since the patch was made,
but cvs found a very matching code (apart from first or last line (fuzz
1)and  applied the patch there.

Good to know.

> patching file src/Core.cs
> patching file src/Db.cs
> patching file src/ImportStore.cs
> patching file src/MainWindow.cs
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 18.
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 477 (offset 20 lines).
> Hunk #3 succeeded at 2895 (offset 183 lines).
> 1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/MainWindow.cs.rej
Again, this one failed, and needs to be manually corrected.
This can be done by
1) Checking the <file>.rej file, and applying the changes manually, or
2) Check the original patch file, and check each entry for the <file> in
question and ensure each patch is done. I usually find this easier.

I'll wait until the patch applies cleanly on the next update. I know
too little about these things to tweak under the hood myself.

Thanks, Bengt.

Dotan