Re: About the Monday's meetings...

Hi,

Im glad this was brought up perhaps I can give my thoughts :-)

I think you are on to something with the discussions becoming too
technical. I know from my point of view I have found it a much harder
task to understand and contribute to that area than I was expecting
(coming from a windows/visual studio angle)

Im not sure that it is necessary to drop that angle altogether but
perhaps where there are goals/targets to be met if the more technical
contributors find there is a more mundane/basic angle that needs
covering dont be afraid to point it out to us. Also on patch testing I
think I/we would benefit from being asked to try certain tests? It is a
long while since I did any proper testing and Im afraid its a bit rusty.

Also could other non programming goals be included, like producing test
images, documentation, video guides, testing different distributions...
Im sure there are more areas we could take off of those with the ability
to contribute code.

I am not sure that I would like to see the goals dropped as it did mean
I felt I could try and help without having to understand what were the
most important bits. Perhaps just open them up a bit and structure them
for those that don't quite understand how they fit into the bigger
picture.

Also seeing a goal committed to CVS does provide a lot of motivation.

The variable amounts of time is allways going to be a problem but I did
feel perhaps that the goals were getting bigger and bigger. If we have a
slow fortnight then we just need pick a smaller goal till we have caught
up.

On the other hand if it is felt that the cost of structuring the
meetings/goals is more than the resulting extra contributions that come
in I would quite understand. I know that myself I only have a few hours
a week spare to contribute to projects normally.

Anyhow if you have made it to here, thanks for reading :-)

	Kevin