Re: Color banding in CVS

On 26/10/06, Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I have just compiled the cvs head version and while running in Ubuntu
Dapper and I notice very bad color banding in resized photos (as in
photos that are not displayed 1:1). Has anyone els the same problem?
It looks like at some point the photos are reduced to 8 bit colors.
(Other viewers show the pictures without banding)

An example is attached: F-Spot on the left and another viewer on the right.

I use Ubuntu Edgy now, but in Edgy and also in Dapper I'd never
noticed this. Note that I use the KDE desktop, so that might also be a
factor.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/