Re: Memory usage

Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
Hi

Yesterday I've been using F-spot for some hours to import many photos.
I started, did a 1h break, and then back on again.
After something like 6h of work F-spot started becoming slow to death.
I thought it was the rsync running in another shell but after stopping
it nothing changed. So I ran top and I saw cpu, memory and swap file
all at 100%. I had 10 or 20 f-spot processes running and taking almost
all the available memory!

I've seen similar behaviour quite often, unfortunately. I reported it a while back on the mailing list, but it's a slippery one - I haven't yet been able to find a set of steps to reliably repeat it.

It seems to happen after I've been tagging a lot of photos, and then start filtering based on tags, at some point, I'll try to do a filter, and my memory usage will sky-rocket --- f-spot will basically grow to about 1.5gb

As I said, though - I haven't been able to repro it reliably...

Does anyone have any suggestions on instrumentation I could add to help track this down?

Warren