Re: RAW/Versioning improvement ideas

On 11/1/06, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On 11/1/06, Peter Finley wrote:

If [1] and/or [2], how much sense does it have to keep JPEG around
_all the time_? If photos could be processed non-destructively and
shown in processed form in F-Spot, would you still want having JPEG
around or would you be happy with possibility to easily export
processed originals with required settings (print/web) on demand?

Maybe it's about time to hear from all F-Spot users who shoot to RAW
what workflow is ideal for them?

Alexandre

Well I shoot RAW + JPG all the time, and I do keep both files. If I
need to send a lot of files to somebody, or post to the web, I use the
JPG:s. If I want to do more work on some specific pictures, or if the
pictures need more editing I work with the RAW:s.

For me it is important to keep botf files handy, if I need to send out
100 JPG:s, I will not have the time to wait for 100 pistures to be
prosessed to JPG:s. I have too big archive, and too slow computer, so
I an trying to keep things simple.

This on-demand prosessing will work fine for people who do not need
very meny pictures in JPG form very often.