Re: Question about find

On 5/19/06, Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com> wrote:
How is the Find Untagged photos supposed to work?
Can I select all Untagged photos, plus those that are tagged as people?
As soon as I select People, the untagged ones dissapear.

I think you answered your question. :)

Yes, I am considering using Find -> Last Imports -> TimeStamp (or
something) instead of tags for the Last Imports tag.

But I want it to work so you can filter with Last Import AND some tags.

That is how the "set date range" works; either approach is possible.
Having a bunch of filters that can be set only via the Find menu
is/would be confusing, I think.  I've been thinking about the idea of
putting meta-tags into the tag list.  Perhaps when you set a date
range it puts a new meta (or smart) tag in the tag list for you and
filters on it.  This would be a pretty different approach than the
all-inclusive find dialog many apps opt for, but I think it would be
neat, especially when combined with the -query branch's abilities.

Gabriel