Re: Question about find

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 16:13 -0500, Gabriel Burt wrote:
> On 5/19/06, Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com> wrote:
> > How is the Find Untagged photos supposed to work?
> > Can I select all Untagged photos, plus those that are tagged as people?
> > As soon as I select People, the untagged ones dissapear.
>
> I think you answered your question. :)
>
> > Yes, I am considering using Find -> Last Imports -> TimeStamp (or
> > something) instead of tags for the Last Imports tag.
> >
> > But I want it to work so you can filter with Last Import AND some tags.
>
> That is how the "set date range" works; either approach is possible.
> Having a bunch of filters that can be set only via the Find menu
> is/would be confusing, I think.  I've been thinking about the idea of
> putting meta-tags into the tag list.  Perhaps when you set a date
> range it puts a new meta (or smart) tag in the tag list for you and
> filters on it.  This would be a pretty different approach than the
> all-inclusive find dialog many apps opt for, but I think it would be
> neat, especially when combined with the -query branch's abilities.
>
> Gabriel

So, you are mean that the tag window should both have Tags as well as
Meta Tags.
Tags (User editable)  : Places, People etc
Meta Tags (READ ONLY) : Camera, Aperture, Time Range, Flash etc

Time Range would be settable from Find -> Time Range, but the others
from EXIF data. Or?

As the date range works, is a lot of hacking in the various query
functions. (If DATE RANGE then add to SQL (WHERE DATE between ...))
So, for now, I should add something like
If IMPORT SESSION then add to SQL (WHERE photo_id IN Import_Session_IDS)
Not the nicest way perhaps, but do not know any other way either.

/Bengt