Re: Import from disk and auto-tag

On 01/07/06, Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com> wrote:
Hi Dotan,

Will Warrens patch apply directly?
The one you took, was the latest patch which I had modified, and I am
pretty certain Warrens suggestion should still work with this patch, but
not 100% sure.

I rm'ed the two directories and started over with Warren's patch, that
one also would not patch the current cvs. And I was unsuccessful about
patching by hand.

The patch errors you get from my patch (and possible also something
similar from Warrens patch) will have to be manually fixed by you.
Key file to fix is ImportCommand.cs and FileImportBackend.cs
You can simply open the CS file in an editor, and open the Patch.diff
file in another editor, and manually go through every "patch" for the CS
file. You will find most have been applied, but some are missing (reason
is that the code have changed a bit in the general area where the patch
should be applied so it can not be automatically applied). Stephane did
mention it was simple to fix, so I have not done it. If you still have
problems, let me know and I will try to update my patch.

Warrens patch, if you want to try his is located here. (the first
attachement to that bug)
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=65865&action=view

Regarding your Run time error, have you run F-Spot before? Do you have
any existing photos? Have you tagged photos already with F-Spot?
If not, try to delete the ~/.gnome2/f-spot/photos.db and run it again.

The last time that I had run fspot I got a similar meassage. I posted
it here to the list, as the error specifically requested me to do so,
yesterday or today.

Dotan Cohen
http://auto-car.info