Re: XMP import patch - Best version yet :)

My thoughts about this:

when I made the 'push for 342137', the expected behavior for this patch
was to handle tags written by F-Spot. it's the most urgent feature to
enable partial backups.

in the other hand, having an easy way to migrate from another
application, or importing lot of pictures with additional information
will bring new user and more love to F-Spot. and we need that also (I
receive enough love at home for now, but ... )

in the third hand (or take this one with your foot or your mouth), we
need to preserve all the work done. I suggested to Bengt to remove the
#define and he did, loosing some knowledge and code lines. I'm the
guilty one, but the Big White Rabbit will forgive me (I hope)

so, now that Bengt's patch definitively takes a good shape, I suggest
that we focus on this issue. I don't have particular knowledge about the
2 patches (but I reviewed Bengt one a lot of time and tracked some
issues though) and I'm ready to test and review it.

Warren, can you please send a picture with an attached sidecar ?

best regards,

Stephane