Re: Import from disk and auto-tag

On 03/07/06, Stephane Delcroix <stephane delcroix org> wrote:
./configure is (almost) the same as ./autogen.sh

I'm daring, and tried ./configure, but it didn't exist!

autogen is meant to be used just after a cvs checkout, configure all the
other times. btw, autogen.sh calls ./configure... so, launch the one you
want.

Ok, thanks. I'll stick with ./autogen_sh as I alreay have been using it.

about patching again: don't do that if you sources are already patched.
it will fail miserably...

No, each time I rm ~/unstable and ~/development and start over.

you can also try the thing Bengt proposed, but it's not supposed to
happens...

don't worry about asking if it's still wrong, ask again for help.

I'm happy to help you guys, my wife has not exactly the same views as
yours about the community ant the time spend to develop and
mail :) :) :) but she uses F-Spot too... :)

rgds,

Stephane

This may sound like a stupid question, but how do I know if make and
make install have succeeded? I know that ./autogen_sh succeeded
because it says "Now type `make' to compile f-spot". Do make and make
install give similar messages?