Using a shared Photos directory

Hello all,

I was wondering the best way to use a shared photos directory with F-Spot.

My finance and I share a computer and have individual user accounts. We store all of our pictures on a /home/shared/pictures directory that all users (her and myself) have access to. We want to start using F-spot, but we would like to control the directory it imports photos to.

We would like to be able to specify what F-spot uses as the ~/Photos directory and instead of having one for each user, pointing that to /home/shared/pictures.

I have thought about creating a symbolic link between ~/Photos and /home/shared/pictures for each of our accounts so that whenever it tries to write files there, it will put them in the /home/shared/photos dir.

Does anyone know how to do this using F-Spot now? I have searched the web, but am unsure and don't want to ruin all of our photos.

Take care,

Jordan