Re: Using a shared Photos directory

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 15:29 +0000, Jordan Miller wrote:

> I have thought about creating a symbolic link between ~/Photos
> and /home/shared/pictures for each of our accounts so that whenever it
> tries to write files there, it will put them in
> the /home/shared/photos dir.

This doesn't actually work as you hope it will because the path in the
database to photos is absolute.  So user foo imports
into /home/foo/Photos (which is symlinked to /home/shared/pictures, but
when user bar tries to use f-spot all of the photo paths in the database
are pointing to /home/foo/<photo> and user bar may not (probably
shouldn't) have access to those.

> Does anyone know how to do this using F-Spot now? I have searched the
> web, but am unsure and don't want to ruin all of our photos.

We are all waiting.  :-)

b.

Brian J. Murrell