Re: "Adjust Time" feature

JP Rosevear wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 13:25 +0100, dkoeb ist tugraz at wrote:
>>1. The adjusted date/time is not stored in the exif header of the
>>   photo.
>>2. F-spot seems to store two different time-stamps. Beneath the photo
>>   the adjusted date is shown, whereas the date shown in the left pane
>>   is stll the original date.
>
> Make sure in preferences you have writing metadata turned on.

Thanks for this information.
But unfortunately this does not solve my problem. If I turn "writing
metadata" on f-spot writes an exif tag to photos without one. But the
correct date and time is still not set. Instead the photo only includes
the modification time. (I also tested this with the current cvs version;
same behavior).

With the current cvs version of f-spot I get another problem: The program
crashes if I try to open the preferences dialog:

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not
set to an instance of an object
in <0x00190> FSpot.PreferenceDialog:LoadPreference (System.String key)
in <0x00059> FSpot.PreferenceDialog:.ctor ()
in <0x0001f> FSpot.PreferenceDialog:Show ()
in <0x00007> MainWindow:HandlePreferences (System.Object sender,
System.EventArgs args)
in (wrapper delegate-invoke)
System.MulticastDelegate:invoke_void_object_EventArgs
(object,System.EventArgs)
in <0x00093> GLib.Signal:voidObjectCallback (IntPtr handle, IntPtr gch)
in (wrapper native-to-managed) GLib.Signal:voidObjectCallback (intptr,intptr)
in <0x00000> <unknown method>
in (wrapper managed-to-native) Gtk.Application:gtk_main ()
in <0x00007> Gtk.Application:Run ()
in <0x00007> Gnome.Program:Run ()
in <0x004ea> FSpot.Driver:Main (System.String[] args)

I hope this information is usefull to someone...

Daniel