lower and uppercase in filenames

Hi,

I found out, that in my libray are Photos with lowercase- and
uppercase-filnames. I recognized, that the uppercase happen, if I import
photos from my cardreader.

Is it reasonable to change this? There are 2 possibilities to do this:
1) all imported files become lowercase-filenames
2) just the extension (.jpg) become lowercase

What do you think? 1), 2), or no change?

I created no bug at bugzilla, because I would discuss this first at the
mailing-list.

Mike