Re: Where is metadata stored ?

Thanks for the answer, but your answer brings me to another question:

how do i achieve with F-Spot a way of managing my photo collection regardless of which PC i access it from ? Clearly the home directory db won't work for me because i want to be able acess the collection from another PC and still get all the metadata organization. Can i achieve this with "Write Metadata to File" ? Does it work with NEF files ? Does it also keep photo versions information ?

Thanks again,

Hugo

On 12/11/06, Bart Vetters <robartes nirya be> wrote:
Hi Hugo,

> Where is the tags metadata stored ?
> I don't see any files in the photos directories like Picasa.ini files.
> I can't find anything in my home directory. Where is it ?

The metadata is stored in a SQLite database, which by default is the
file $HOME/.gnome2/f-spot/photos.db

> Also, how does the "Write Metadata to File" option work ? I couldn't
> find anything about it in the user guide.

For JPGs with EXIF, the tags are stored in the UserComments EXIF field,
i.e. in the photo itself. For other metadata formats, this is similar.

CU

Bart

--
Bart Vetters