Re: Revamped Duplicates Patch

Did this or something similar ever make it in? I prefer to manage my camera syncs and directory structure separate from the f-spot.

I wrote a script that imports into a structure like this:

    2006/01/01/
    2006/01/02/
    etc ...

If I add some new photos without f-spot's knowledge, I'd like to be able to import from the parent directory and not produce duplicates.

Randall

Thomas Van Machelen wrote:
Hi list,

Last weekend I took the Duplicates patch that was sent to this list a
few months ago, and updated it so works with current cvs head.  I added
some updater code so that it adds a new md5sum field to the photos
table, so make sure you take a backup of your database first.

The patch allows you to detect duplicates in an existing photo
collection.  Next to that, it is possible to omit duplicate pictures
from import, or you can tag them as "Duplicate" during the same
process.
Give it a try, if you're interested.

Regards,
Thomas