Re: Goal #3: item 'Photos dir'

Hi Dotan and all,

I agree on almost all your views, but as Bengt already said, it's a bit
out of the scope of the item named 'rename Photos directory and make it
selectable by the commandline'.
Not to say that we won't implement your ideas, but that we can't
implement/test/discuss in the time window we fixed for this goal. When
discussing goal items, keep focus on the subject.

Can you please open a bug with all your great ideas to make f-spot
multi-albums (UI, import, merge, how to share tags) ? Could be very
useful to avoid loosing all this.

About having F-Spot multi-album, I vote for it. Not to split my
collection, but more to be able to import a full collection at a time,
etc...

The only thing I don't like in your propositions is the druid at first
startup to asks the user about his prefered location for pictures and so
on. F-Spot should work as-is for my mom (in fact, my mum doesn't use
f-spot, she asks for printed shots) and displaying a druid at first run
will trouble and frighten some users. And more, the user doesn't have to
choose where to put the db because the user doesn't have to know that
F-Spot uses a db (at least, at the first approach for average users).
So, a default location for both Photos and photos.db is not bad at all,
esp if the user can change it later. And this will not screw an existing
Photos directory, you can always remove picture from drive...
But all this paragraph has nothing to do here, but in the bug entry you
will open soon ;)

Thanks Dotan for your ideas and opinions, and please discuss mines...

Stephane