Re: F-Spot and Gallery2

Yes, I know that gallery-remote is a different application and it is written in java. I do not know how the implementation is of it is done but I guess it some kind of xml-rpc. If it is it would be nice if you could right click on images in F-Spot and choose to upload them into the online gallery. In version 1.4 of gallery it includes a gallery-remote2.php file that is used to communicate between the gallery-remote application and the online gallery. In version 2 of gallery the gallery-remote2.php file is replaced by some kind of module based system. I do not know how this work... Anyone else? But in the faq of gallery2 I read that the galley-remote application should work with gallery2 so I guess the f-spot export feature should to but I do not know where I should point the url in the f-spot galley config.

Magnus

Derek Vandivere wrote:

Magnus,

I'll check later on today and let you know if this is wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gallery Remote is actually a different download package from the Gallery site. If you don't get another email from me within a couple hours, that's your solution!

Derek

Magnus Ottosson wrote:

Hi!

I noticed that f-spot can export to gallery and it seems that the export function is lookign for the gallery_remote2.php file. In Gallery2 there is no gallery_remote2.php file. Anyone knows if, and how, one could export to Gallery2?

Magnus