Re: importing directories

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 15:31 -0500, David Moore wrote:
> I believe GNOME has some mechanism for this such as fam/gamin/inotify
> but I don't know what the latest and greatest is.

This is very easy to implement with the System.IO.FileSystemWatcher
class included in Mono.  It can monitor a directory recursively, and
signal on file create, delete, edit, and rename events.

I've started working on something like this, but the lack of a way of
specifying which directories should be watched stalled me (I was
thinking of watching every directory that f-spot had imported photos
from).

Gabriel