importing directories

The more I use f-spot the more I like it, but I have a few questions
and comments.

Is there any way to change the ~/Photos folder?

In a related question is there a way to make the "Copy file to the
Photos folder" checkbox on the import dialog default to off?  I have
many years of photos neatly catagorized in dated directories and I
don't want to have multiple copies of them.  You know how it is ;-)

I imported a directory with some movies in it as my camera takes avi
movies. The non-image files ( avi and one .wav ) show up as empty
entries in the catalog.  Should these be imported at all?  I was
expecting them to be quietly skipped but f-spot chewed on them for a
while and then left the blank.

Also, this same folder is called 2005-11-27_Thxgiving
I imported this folder as described above, and then went to select
another folder to import.  When I open the Import folder dialog, the
Thxgiving folder is already selected and f-spot immediately starts
trying to import the final 9 movies that it errored importing the last
time.  I have to cancel that import in order to start another one.
And the name of the directory at the top is not

2005-11-27_Thxgiving

but

2005-11-27Thxgiving

 with the 'T' underlined as a keyboard shortcut.  I'm pretty sure that
this is a gtk+ thing having underscores denote shortcut keys, but
underscores are valid directory characters too and should be handled
in this case.

That's about it.  Please don't take this as just whining.  I hope that
someone finds this useful to make f-spot even better.  It already
kicks ass.  Nice work guys.

John