Re: Tag typing.

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 13:45 -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 18:39 +0100, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> > Also like David's idea, would speed up image sorting even more. Highly
> > wanted too, I still have to tag + caption +1000 images :-(. Once
> > adjusted to hitting 't', it'd probably be just as fast, and you still
> > have the opportunity for other shortcuts.
>
> Here's a patch that implements David's idea if you want to try it.  I
> didn't bind 'c' to caption because there's currently no way to enter a
> caption in the icon view.

There appears to be a conflict with the delete key, if you want to
delete a tag from the tag bar, by selecting the text, and then pressing
delete, it asks if the picture should be deleted. Obviously, when the
tag entry is focused, that is not intended behaviour ;-).

When viewing an image in "edit image" mode (the large view), the focus
does not return to the image when pressing enter, which I think it
should, here's why (also a roadmap of hyperfast tagging):

 1) I select a picture
 2) 't', I enter my tags, *enter*
 3) 'c', enter a caption *enter*
 4) 'page down'*, return to step 2

* having 'n' for this would also be nice.

I can't imagine a way to catalogue images faster than that, and 95% of
it is already made, awesome!

Ruben

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)