Re: Patch: shortcuts for next/previous in PhotoView

Nice, thanks for the patch.

On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 14:07 -0800, Nic Pottier wrote:
> First must say that I love f-spot, does a fantastic job, very fast, just
> the right mix of features and helps me organize my photos great. (php
> gallery export helps in this regard)
>
> I am not a huge fan of rodents however, so included is a patch to make
> the 'n' and 'p' keys go to the next and previous picture when in the
> single photo view.

Unless I'm missing something PgUp/PgDn should already be bound to this.
I'm not sure if we need other bindings, I'm open to discussion on the
matter.

> This makes sorting and tagging photos much more efficient for me,
> hopefully you agree.
>
> I had also made a change to bind Ctrl-R to 'Remote from Catalog' but my
> Glade diff ended up being gigantic and it scares me so I left it out.
> (seems to work though)

Yeah glade is terrible about rewriting a lot of the file depending on
the version.  It scares me a lot too.  I'm hopeful we can switch to
stetic soon and avoid glade completely.

> I'm an experienced developer but brand new to C# and Gtk/Gnome so
> hopefully I didn't break too many rules with this patch. (I did make
> DisplayNext and DisplayPrevious public in PhotoView)
>
> Thanks, looking forward to contributing more.  One itch I still have is
> to allow f-spot to launch an outside editor for photos (with the
> modified file so versioning remains nice and lightweight).  Although
> f-spot does a good job of what it does, sometimes it's nice to pull in
> the Gimp.

Yeah this has always been part of the plan.  It isn't too difficult to
do a simple version.  It is a lot more complex to get completely right.

Thanks for the help.

--Larry