f-spot database -- Resend

Hello,

I have a suggestion for the f-spot database.  I think there should be
the main one in the users home directory like it is now but I think
there should be additional ones for being able to share databases:

Example:

~/.gnome2/f-spot/photos.db  Houses records of all the pictures in your
album

Lets say I have pictures on my USB drive that I have in my album that is
located at:

/media/usbdrive/images

In there I have it broken down into time frames like:
/media/usbdrive/images/2005-03-04
/media/usbdrive/images/2005-03-05

I have pictures in the images directory and in the sub directories and I
also have additional pictures on my local system with multiple sub
directories:
~/images/

I think a subset of the database pertaining to the data in it's
directory and a reference to sub directories databases would aid in the
ability to share the albums.  This would create the following from my
example:

/media/usbdrive/images/.f-spot/photos.db
/media/usbdrive/images2005-03-04/.f-spot/photos.db
/media/usbdrive/images/2005-03-05/.f-spot/photos.db
~/images/.f-spot/photos.db

The database in /media/usbdrive/images/.f-spot/ would reference that
more pictures are indexed in the sub directories.  This inheritance
would stop when no pictures are in the parent directory
(ie /media/usbdrive would not get a .f-spot directory).

This would allow users to be able to reuse their albums without having
to manually move their database from their home directory.

Along with that the overhead on this should be minimal if it only gets
accessed for the following:  Import the location into f-spot, Changing
(Add/remove) tags on an image and Moving images.  All of the searching
and sorting would be in the master db located in the users home
directory.

Thanks for listening to my current ramblings.

Joe