F-Spot error message and loop

Help, please ...

I've attached a screen shot (png format) of an error message I have received
using F-Spot. I'm stuck in a loop that even re-booting doesn't resolve. No
matter which button I click on in the error message, the message is still
there when I restart the program. It is still there after re-booting.
Therefore, I unable to use F-Spot.

I installed F-Spot using F-spot-0.0.13-1mdk.i586.rpm on Mandrake 2005 LE
system. The system has 526MG memory and a Sempron 2500 CPU on a PC Chips
M825G motherboard with on board graphics.

Here's what I was doing when this error message appeared:

I opened F-Spot and tried opening a folder of JPGs located on a CD. (The CD is
one I burned and is easily accessable using GIMP or Kwickshow.) The error
message appeared half-way through loading the files.

Perhaps it would have been better to open a file on my hard drive... but being
stuck in an error message loop, I am unable to test this.

Other than un-installing F-Spot and re-installing it, do you have any
suggestions?

Sincerely,
Julie Owens