frozen with error message loop

Help, please ... I'm stuck in a loop that even rebooting doesn't resolve.

Here's the error message: "The application "f-spot" has quit unexpectedly. You
can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it. Or you can
restart the application right now." There are two options to choose from, a
button for "restart application" and one for "close".

I have tried "restart application" but the error message is still there.
Selecting the "close" button and then restarting the application also retains
the error message. Even rebooting the system has not eliminated the error
message.

I installed F-Spot using F-spot-0.0.13-1mdk.i586.rpm on a Mandrake LE 2005
system. The system has 526MB memory and a Sempron 2500 CPU on a PC Chips
M825G motherboard with on board graphics.

Here's what I was doing when this error message appeared:

I opened F-Spot and tried opening a folder of JPGs located on a CD. (The CD is
one I burned and is easily accessable using GIMP or Kwickshow.) The error
message appeared half-way through loading the files.

Perhaps it would have been better to open a file on my hard drive... but being
stuck in an error message loop, I am unable to test this.

Other than un-installing F-Spot and re-installing it, do anyone have any
suggestions?

Sincerely,
Julie Owens