Re: frozen with error message loop

On Saturday 11 June 2005, Steve Rosen wrote:

> I'm not an F-Spot developer, but I assume that F-Spot now has your CD
> photos in its database so it keeps trying to re-read the CD. Any F-Spot
> developers want to confirm? Here are some ideas to try:
>
> - Have you tried simply removing the CD from the drive and then starting
> F-Spot?

Yes, it makes no difference even on re-boot.

> If that works, remove the CD photos from the catalog (select the
> photos in F-Spot, right-click, select "Remove From catalog").

Even with the error message on the screen, I just tried selecting and removing
the photos as suggested above. They all disappeared after warning me that the
files would be removed from F-Spot but not the drive. I closed F-Spot and
then closed the error message. Next, I re-opened F-Spot with success (read
hear no more error message). I will now move on to trying to learn how to use
the program.

Steve, thank you so much for the suggestions. Is there any documentation or
tutorials for F-Spot? I use KDE and am familiar with the man pages but
wouldn't have thought to look there for gnome documentation.

How would someone new to F-Spot, such as myself, figured this out on my own.
Thank goodness for such e-lists.

Julie