Problem configuring compilation on Debian(?)

Hello,

I've had problems configuring the compilation, and I was
wondering if someone had a clue as to what is wrong:

I'm on Debian sarge, but use the mono packages from
Debian unstable.

If I just run "configure", I get the following error:
checking for Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll... configure: error: missing required mono DLL: Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll

But everything seems to be properly installed.

I modified the configure script, line 19720, where the
test is done, as follows:

original
  if test ! -e `$PKG_CONFIG --variable=prefix mono`/lib/mono/1.0/$i.dll; then

modified
  if test ! -e `$PKG_CONFIG --variable=prefix mono`/usr/lib/mono/1.0/$i.dll; then

(I basically added the '/usr' prefix to the path, so it points
where the libs actually are). It fixed the problem. Everything
configures and compiles fine now.

I'm not familiar with the innards of the build system, but I'm
*sure* that what I did is not the right way to fix this.

I can live with that hack, but if someone can enlighten me as to
what I *should* have done, I would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,

phil