Re: Problem configuring compilation on Debian(?)

`$PKG_CONFIG --variable=prefix mono` should return where mono is
installed. I'd guess at /usr on your system. You can check this from the
command line by entering

pkg-config --variable=prefix mono

If this returns a blank, it means there are probably separate
development packages for mono that need to be installed. In
particular /usr/lib/pkg-config/mono.pc should exist

I guess it is also possible that pkg-config is not installed, but I
don't think you'd get so far through configure without it.

cheers

Loz