Re: tags and versions

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 17:40 -0600, Gabriel Burt wrote:

> >From looking at the code, it appears only the default version (the
> currently displayed version) has the meta data saved in XMP (assuming
> it's a jpeg), but the database associates all versions with the tag.  I
> believe this is a bug.

This would be the "save tags in the image (if supported by the image
format)" feature that I saw something of then?  This might be all I need
to satisfy my desire to "share the database" with other people.  Is
there a limit to the size of data you can save in the image itself?

What happens if f-spot "imports" a photo that has a tag in it already?
Will it show the available tag to you if you have not already created it
in your local f-spot installation already?

Is there anything else in the database that I would likely want to share
other than just tags?

b.

Brian J. Murrell