"quality reduction" as a modification

Frequently I want to send photos in e-mail, however the pictures, as
they come off of my digital camera are quite big to send in an e-mail.
I usually deal with this by loading the photo into The Gimp and simply
resaving it as JPEG and adjust the quality selector until I have a good
balance between size and visual quality.

This is something that would be nice to be able to do with f-spot,
especially with it's modification history and such.  Ideally, there
would be a slider which would adjust the quality level and a real-time
preview of the current quality and resulting photo size so that I can
balance between visual quality and size.  And for bonus maybe a "one
touch" quality reduction selector that I can set to a value that I find
I am happy with generally.

b.

Brian J. Murrell