Re: Wrong timestamp (Hour!)

You would change the time in our camera to match the local time?  That
seems very unlikely to me.  Or do you mean you would change the timezone
of your computer each time and not the camera's time?  Those are the
cases where the timezone would end up being wrong for your own photos.
The timezone info would clearly be wrong for photos from other people in
different timezones under the current method.  But without any timezone
info they will always be wrong anyway.

I'd like to be able to locate the time of the photo properly in the
right timezone.  Just using the exif date with no timezone information
isn't ideal to me because in the long run it makes it more difficult to
make correlations between events in your calendar and photos.

I wonder if we let you set a per camera (perhaps based on serial number)
and then stored both the exif time and the suspected timezone we could
avoid most of the problems.  Like I said before it needs some thought to
be both simple and useful.

--Larry