Re: Use case addition 2

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 18:04 +0200, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 21:03 +0900, Bengt Thuree wrote:

> This isn't much of a use case. Why does Isztwan want to rename the
> files? Because it looks bad?
>
> I don't think a filename is an important attribute of the image (apart
> from the fact it needs to be unique in a directory). Why would a user
> want to care about filenames? What would an automated filename
> generation solve?
As long as you stay in f-spot you do not really care about the file
name.
But if you want to find an image from the file browser, or sending the
image to someone who is not so computer aware that there is such a thing
as embedded informations in the image.

In our case, everything is much much easier now when I have renamed all
our images, since everyone in my family can find the images easier. And
they do not have to use a particular software browser to do it. A quick
glance at the filename and you will know date, location, and persons.

Just my 5 cents...

-Bengt