[Evolution] Printing an email to PDF file mystery

I'm trying to print an email to a PDF file using CTRL+p and choosing "Print to File" with output format "PDF".

I'm pretty certain I've done this before without issue, but this time I couldn't find the file anywhere, and definitely not in the home directory where the dialog had proposed to put it by default.

I then tried printing it again and mysteriously, the print dialog said the file already existed and asked if I wanted to overwrite it.

I ran a "find /" on my whole system and couldn't find it.

I'm running Evolution 3.44.4 (by Flathub.org) with flatpak on Linux Mint Cinnamon. I suspect this has something to do with flatpak because I had a similar wierdness with Signal flatpak and saving images to disk.

Are the files really there? How do I find them?

Thanks
Adam