Re: [Evolution] Let's unite the power of all mailing list subscribers who are affected by GNOME's ruling

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I briefly used Google Groups a long time ago, though I think it has
changed since then. They do offer a fairly broad range of facilities,
including email access, admin and moderator roles, and the focus on a
specific topic (Evo), but:

* No Reply To List (and I presume no proper List headers, though I
haven't checked). Possibly a minor point for some.

bg:

It's a low-level irritant. If the sender cares enough (most don't)
or knows how to edit their headers (many can't) it can be worked around
easily enough. Those using Evo don't have the problem, obviously.

POC:

* Members need a Google account to sign up. I anticipate that this
would not please some people.

bg:

I'm subscribed to a pretty active Google Group, and AFAIK I was
never required to sign up with a Google account (and would not).

Brewster