Re: [Evolution] What do I do now?

On Sat, 2022-10-22 at 15:06 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list wrote:
On Sat, 2022-10-22 at 13:55 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
So the way to get it working as a proper mailing list is by turning off
Mailing List Mode. So intuitive.

Hi,

yesno, even after doing so, it is not working as a proper mailing list.
The emails are still multipart messages with remote content, there's no
real archive etc... If a user unsubscribes from evolution-list gnome org
no posts are deleted from the archive. After deleting my Discourse
account, my posts disappeared.

Regards,
Ralf

The posts shouldn't disappear.
According to a post in the Site feedback sub (I think it was), the post are
anonymized when a user account is deleted. The posts however are not.

I might have misunderstood this though.

In any case, I'm two millimeters from just giving up on this whole Discourse
thing because of Frustration(tm).
With that in mind I'd like to say thanks already now, to all on this list
who've helped me out during the last years when problems with Evolution has
arised (notable - EWS, tenant stuff, Office365 etc), as well as others
who've posted interesting stuff generally speaking.
Without those posts and help, my Evolution Mail experience would have
definitely been not very good.
So give you all a pat on the shoulder from me, and again, great thanks!

--
Sorin Srbu, Serverdrift
Tele: 08-524 84166

# They say you can't buy happiness, but you can buy a
# motorcycle, and that's pretty damn close!