[Evolution] What do I do now?

Hi all,

I just received the dreaded message that this mailing list will vanish at the end of
October 2022. They blame it on python2 deprecation and "major burden in
managing lists spam", which sounds like the hollowest ever excuse to me. Nobody else
is dropping their mailing lists because of python2 deprecation. They suggest I use
discourse and will (somehow) give me tags to use it. I tried discourse once: It's
inscrutable. I have no idea how to use tags.

So how do I get support for Evolution? How do I communicate with all of you?

Could somebody with space, bandwidth and tech knowledge please set up an Evolution
mailing list that has nothing with Gnome? I know that a $100/year account with
Futurequest.com gives you a rudimentary mailing list: I'm not sure how well it would
handle the load of the Evolution community, but maybe somebody can find out. Perhaps
the Gnome project would be willing to spend a couple hundred bucks a year to
"outsource" the Evolution mailing list.

If not, could you at least set up an IRC channel for Evolution on libera.chat? It
does no good to set it up on a Gnome resource, because Gnome now has a history of
pulling the rug out on their projects. It's very simple to set up an IRC channel on
libera.chat.

If we don't all find an alternate way to communicate with each other during October,
many of us will be unable to use discourse (does it depend on systemd or pulseaudio,
for instance, because I don't have those, don't want them, and I'm not alone).
Lacking a way to get help, I fear most of us will need to abandon Evolution. What
good is software if you can't get help on it?

SteveT