Re: [Evolution] Discourse and the situation for Mailman lists hosted by Gnome.org

On Sun, 2022-10-23 at 12:12 -0400, dfc wrote:
On Sun, 2022-10-23 at 11:19 -0400, Jim Popovitch via evolution-list
wrote:
On Sun, 2022-10-23 at 11:01 -0400, dfc via evolution-list wrote:
What other existing mailing list software can be used if Mailman is
unavailable?

I've offered to host, for Gnome, for free, everything they currently
have at mail.gnome.org (all they would have to do is switch DNS for
the
subdomain mail.gnome.org to my systems and provide me with a copy of
their current Mailman2 lists and archives).  I've been doing Mailman2
mailinglists for 2 decades, and have tons of experience in this area.
Sadly, no one from Gnome has contacted me to take me up on this
offer.

That is unfortunate and it seems like a generous offer on your part.

How long have they been silent about that offer?

I don't think I've been silent about it, although I haven't been overly
chatty about it either.  I only found out about this issue at the same
time everyone else here did.  I mentioned the offer in a post, and then
a follow-up post, both on this past Thursday.

-Jim P.