Re: [Evolution] Evolution crashes when trying to compose email

On Fri, 2022-10-21 at 19:58 -0400, Ken Wright wrote:
On 2022-10-21 19:45, Pete Biggs wrote:

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 22.10 and Evolution 3.46.0-2, and all of a
sudden I can't compose, send, or reply without Evo crashing.  There's
obviously something wrong in the installation, but I'm a hardware
geek,
not a software guru.  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?
Further
details upon request.

There's been quite a few reports of crashing with that version.  You
don't say what sort of crash you see, but is it anything like

 https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libsoup/-/issues/308

which was fixed about a week ago but may take sometime to filter down
to the distros.

Okay, you may now mock the hardware geek, because nothing at that link
made the slightest bit of sense to me.

No mocking from me - I would much rather be bit blasting I2C hardware.

Now, let me describe the crash.  It starts with the program stopping,
and after a minute or two I get the option to Wait or Force Quit.  If I
Wait, I get the same message again a few seconds later.  Force Quit does
what it says it will, and terminates the program.

You need to start Evolution from the command line and it will show the
errors.

If the problem was fixed a week ago, is there a Flatpak I can install
that works?  I can continue using RoundCube if I need to, but I'd rather
use Evo.

The problem with fixing things at the source level is that unless it's
a security bug, it often takes a while to filter through to updates to
apps in distros.

P.