Re: [Evolution] Discourse -- Insufficient Trust Level

On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 11:35 AM Steve Litt <slitt troubleshooters com> wrote:
Pete Biggs said on Fri, 21 Oct 2022 13:42:57 +0100

>Yup. You're a new user so not trusted to do things. See
>
>https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/
>
>It doesn't take much to get to Level 1 - I've got there already - but
>all new users start at Level 0, which is heavily restricted "for safety
>– both theirs and yours".

The fountain of youth. With badges and levels, I'm a 12 year old Boy
Scout again!

SteveT

Steve Litt
Summer 2022 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times

You know - I am not one to bad mouth anyone, but us od timers who remember when the web did not exist - only gopher, irc and nntp - we appreciate the ease of scripting email and perusing the subject as well.  Nowadays, we are being forced to login to some BS app because social media and the newer generation dictates it..  It makes me sick..  My own family cannot even eat a meal without checking their damn phones under the table - it really makes me sick that I helped build build all this stuff - it is just as addictive (albeit not as unhealthy (mentally)) as doing drugs.

That said - every new release of Gnome / KDE, etc seems to fall in line with the universal dictators (MS and Apple) and it really starts to piss me off just as bad.  What says their ideas are always the best - example - scrolling up versus down with my mouse wheel or touchpad.  That was the dumbest shit ever..

Anyway - this list will lose me if I have to go sign in anywhere.  Like I said before though - I just read it mostly and do not contribute much - BUT - if I ever do, it will be lost.  Email versus forums is so much better...

-Greg