Re: [Evolution] What now?

On Fri, 2022-10-21 at 18:24 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
What now? Is this the end of the Evolution mailing list community?

I fear this may be the end, unfortunately.

I love the idea of re-implementing the mailing list elsewhere.  I am
willing to fund it, but I have more money than time/patience these days
and would prefer not to have to administer it.  However, as others have
pointed out, if the mailing list isn't GNOME-official, we would have a
hard time making a sale to the community.  The community will flock to
whatever GNOME endorses.  At best it would be an exercise in swimming
upstream, and at worst it would be forgotten or shunned regardless of
the effort.

A lot of people, myself included, have no interest in using Discourse
in a web forum type of application, and as you and Pete et al have
discovered, the email interface to Discourse leaves a lot to be
desired, both in terms of basic expected functionality and more mail-
oriented features.

Personally, I'll probably move my monitoring/questions to IRC instead,
which I feel is a reasonable if incomplete fallback.