Re: [Evolution] weird bug: mismatch between the message list and preview pane

On Sat, 2022-10-08 at 15:57 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa via evolution-list wrote:
Dnia  8.10.2022 o godz. 02:31:32 Steve Litt pisze:

Or you could do what I do and install Dovecot IMAP server on your computer, and
use
fetchmail to grab from Yahoo and procmail to drop each message into the proper
Dovecot IMAP Maildir folder. All your filters would be in procmail recipes,
which
means you could switch email clients at the drop of a hat, for instance, as a
diagnostic test.

If you are using fetchmail/procmail to deliver to local Maildirs, there's no
need to mess around with installing local IMAP server. Evolution can just use
local Maildirs directly, you only need to change the account type.

True. I use a local Dovecot IMAP server to separate my email client from everything
else. My email client becomes nothing more than a window into my Dovecot IMAP
server. Dovecot IMAP servers are ultra reliable and performative.

Here's the motivation for my switching to a local IMAP server years ago:

http://troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm

SteveT