Re: [Evolution] weird bug: mismatch between the message list and preview pane

Thanks to all the participants. Replying in random order:

1) Changing server type (imap > POP) is simply out of discussion.
Thunderbird works generally well but it displays some kind of weird
behavior under some circumstances with Gmail (i.e. not able to dl
attachments), but nothing like this particular one. When TB fail, I use
the "Repair folder" feature (which is under Properties of the folder)

2) During this evening it'happened one more time. For more clarity, I'm
linking screenshots of the situation before unsubscribing/updating the
folder "evolutionMail":
https://postimg.cc/XZjJF7Pt

and after:
https://postimg.cc/SXgKGbFR

As you can see, after applying "trick" the bug has gone and the
structure of messages is back to "normal".

3) looking into ~/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution/ there are 3 folders:
cache, config and data. The last one is similar to ~/.local/share for a
"native" (non-sandboxed) app. Anyway, Imap mails are stored into
cache/evolution/mail/RANDOMID (each account gets a different id).
Inside there is a "folder" sub-folder, which replicates the strucure of
my mail folders on the imap server (using the maildir format, I think,
since there are cur, tmp and new sub-subfolders), and a folders.db
file. Maybe this picture is far more clear than my explanation:
https://postimg.cc/dkDVHNwB

4) I have the suspect that this bug is not dependent to the
distribution of Evolution mail (native vs flatpak) but instead it could
depend to the Imap implementation made by Yahoo which, I guess, is not
strictly RFC compliant. But I'd need to move to another mail provider
to prove this, so maybe i'll do it later. Meanwhile I can install the
Evolution native package which is 3.44 at the moment (on Arch linux)
and then copy all my settings under "canonical" paths (~/.config,
~/.cache and ~/.local/share). The purpose of this is to exclude (or
not) that the weird mismatching bug I'm having is related to flatpak.

Forgive me if I forgot something or someone, and please forgive me also
for any possibile grammar-orthographic error, since I'm not a native
english speaker-writer.