Re: [Evolution] Evolution import

On Wed, 2022-10-05 at 20:09 +0100, Dennis Harvey via evolution-list
wrote:
What do I need to be able to import data from a single file which has
3 column csv format?  I always get the first column imported into the
first 2 columns in Evolution contacts and nothing in the third
column.

        Hi,
what do those three columns contain, please? Does the first line
contain names of the fields the columns correspond to? You can choose
between three different CSV formats during import, each producing a
slightly different output, depending on the file content.

Recognized column names can be seen here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/blob/master/src/addressbook/importers/evolution-csv-importer.c#L97

Ideally, you process the CSV file with a script and convert it to a
vCard file, where you assign columns to exact fields in the vCard
format (you can create a contact with filled values in the needed
fields in Evolution, then right-click the contact and pick "Save as
vCard...", then open the file and see what should be written where).
The UID is supposed to be globally unique for each contact.
        Bye,
        Milan