Re: [Evolution] Top panel and Bottom panel are out of sync in Evolution Mail

On Wed, 2022-11-02 at 13:07 -0500, John W. Himpel wrote:
Is there anything I can do to bring the data shown in these two panes
back into sync?

        Hi,
the information for the message list (the "top" panel) is stored in the
folders.db files either under

   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/

or under

   ~/.cache/evolution/mail/

sub-directories. Not every server can save everything, thus some
information is stored only in the folders.db file (like for the local
accounts (On This Computer) all the labels, follow ups and such are
stored only in the folders.db file), thus if you move it away, you can
lose some information previously stored with the message. In any case,
when you move the files away, they will be re-generated the next time
you start Evolution. Maybe enter the folders twice, it sometimes helps.

Alternatively, if this is only about IMAP accounts, which store their
data under ~/.cache/..., you can move away the respective messages
under that directory and keep the folders.db file, then the messages
which are not stored locally will be re-downloaded when their content
will be requested. That should help if the server did not change UID-s.
This does not work for the Maildir/local accounts, which do not make
message copies.

In any case, I do not understand how you can get out of sync with the
Maildir account, it doesn't make much sense to me.

        Bye,
        Milan