[Evolution] Evolution 3.44.2 editor not handling HTML<>Plain Text properly

Evo was just updated today on Mageia Cauldron and is not handling the
move between Plain Text and HTML properly. I have opened a bug report
there, but as this may be an upstream problem, wanted to enquire here.

In prior versions (through 3.44.1) of Evolution it was possible to have
the basic message style set to Plain Text and either respond to or
forward in-line an HTML message in plain text or to recover HTML
formatting when responding. Now HTML formatting commands are converted
to plain text and shown rather than suppressed. The formatting is not
recoverable if switching the response/forwarded message to HTML.

Here is a snippet of an affected message:

{ .mediumStoryBlock .leftColumnContent{ width:290px !important; } }
@media only screen and (min-width: 601px){ .storePromo
.templateColumnContainer{ padding-bottom:0 !important; } } @media only
screen and (min-width: 601px){ .storePromo .leftColumnContent{
padding:15px 20px 5px !important; } } @media only screen and (min-
width: 601px){ .storePromo .column-title{ font-size:18px !important; }
} @media only screen and (max-width: 600px){ .sponsorContentBlock{
padding-left:10px !important; padding-right:10px !important; } } Number
One, Again May 27th, 2022 / View in your browser This week, our Top 5
sets an important and particularly sobering precedent. In the April
28th, 2017 edition of the Top 5, Jason Fagone's extraordinary Huffpost
Highline piece, "What Bullets Do to Bodies" was selected as number one.
In light of the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, this piece retains a
startling relevance. It's our number one piece this week. Editor
Seyward Darby explains why.  Our

(BTW this page still shows the link to bugzilla rather than GitLab:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/problems-reporting-bugs.html.en
)

Roy