Re: [Evolution] New Emails not showing

Dnia 20.05.2022 o godz. 10:02:32 Pete Biggs pisze:

Your primary problem is that it's not backward compatible.  You can't
"restore" a backup made on 3.42 to Evolution 3.36. Things change
between versions - things like database tables, file structure and so
on.

I wonder, why Evolution can't store emails simply in mbox or Maildir format?
Classic email clients like mutt do this and work quite well.

Of course, some additional files containing indexes etc. can and probably
should be used to speed up access to messages, but at least the basic email
storage would be compatible.

Thunderbird seems to use (or at least have used in the past, I haven't used
Thunderbird for a long time) this approach, its mail storage is basically
mbox files plus index files. As far as I remember, old versions of
Evolution (I mean those used in GNOME 2) used similar approach too. I guess
Maildir is more efficient than mbox, so nowadays rather Maildir should be
used. But I think that storing messages in a completely internal database
format is not a very good idea.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa