Re: [Evolution] help understanding a section of evolution log

On Mon, 2022-05-16 at 01:01 +0200, Dan Kortschak via evolution-list
wrote:
  WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution &

(the sandbox is probably not going to be used anywhere else, but
just in case I wouldn't disable a sandbox if not needed)

I don't see a way to do this via a desktop application file. Is there
a way?

        Hi,
first, it would be:

   $ WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution

in the Flatpak case.

An option is to have a wrapper script, or add an:

   export WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0

line into your ~/.bashrc file or similar, which will influence all apps
using WebKitGTK, not only Evolution.

Nonetheless, this will not help in case of the Flatpak, because 3.44.1
sets the variable on its own. Flatpak is different from the native host
system running.
        Bye,
        Milan