Re: [Evolution] Keyboard equivalent to Ctrl + Click to select several email messages

However, when I press 'spacebar', it seems to "scroll down" in the
HTMLm essage viewer window. I don't believe I've changed 'spacebar'
from its default. What am I doing differently?

Good point. I did not mention this detail.
Don't release the Ctrl key.

Keep it pressed the whole time, when using the arrows and when using
the space bar.

Thank you! That did the trick.

The icing on the cake would be to see the selection as I do this. Is
that a simple code contribution that I could make? In gmail, the
"current location" is demarcated by a small, full-line-height rectangle
on the left-hand side. Perhaps something similar would work here?