Re: [Evolution] Message format changes when replying to HTML message even after selecting option to not lose format

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 10:56:29PM -0400, Eloy Paris wrote:
Hi Ángel,

On Sun, May 01, 2022 at 02:07:50AM +0200, Ángel wrote:

On 2022-04-29 at 14:55 -0400, Eloy Paris wrote:

However, if I forget to manually change the message format, then the
original HTML is rendered to a plain text version, and embedded
images are lost in the message received by the recipient.

Should the message format not be HTML if the user selects the option
"Don't lose formatting" instead of changing to the user's chosen
default format?

Yes. If you chose "Don't lose formatting", the editor should show the
contents in HTML, and the selector should be HTML.

What's your evolution version, please?

Sorry, I forgot to include that -- I am running Evolution 3.44.1.

Well, Milan has already fixed this...

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/commit/d1d3293a93239e35557672d7077e8c1b36f7c0be

And he fixed it even before I reported it here; what a coincidence!

Thanks Milan!

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-