Re: [Evolution] Email Reminders Not Working For Me

On Thu, 2022-03-31 at 01:08 +0200, moonovermyspammy via evolution-list
wrote:
Any assistance would be appreciated!

        Hi,
it looks like the server modified the property in the iCalendar data by
adding the ACKNOWLEDGED parameter, but in a wrong way.

I tried to add an email reminder to a Nextcloud calendar I connect to
with CalDAV and it preserved the email address I left entered when
creating the event:

ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;
 RSVP=FALSE:mailto:user@no.where
ACKNOWLEDGED:20220331T065358Z

Notice the ACKNOWLEDGED is on its own line, with no leading white
space, thus it's a separate property.

When you right-click the event in Evolution and pick the "Save as
iCalendar", save it to a file and then open it, you can see what you've
stored within BEGIN:VALARM and END:VALARM lines.

By the way, your evolution and evolution-data-server version is...? The
libical-glib version might play its role as well.

Also, you can see what the evolution-data-server sends to the server
and what it reads back when you enable CalDAV debugging:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging#CalDAV
and search the log for something unique in the event (like when you
write a specific summary to it).
        Bye,
        Milan